Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: The Rainbow Party By: Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare



I know I am going to bed tonight,
Not as the best among the Knights.
But if only for one certainty,
That not all battles are for me.

I have grown to understand the game better.
Even though all the chips are down,
Tomorrow might be my day of triumph.

For now, let the lion sleep.
For I hope I will dream differently.
And by the time I will wake up,
The shining sun will rise,
To greet me from far north.

Then a reinvigorated energy I shall have,
When I pick up my scattered halves,
And I sharpen my shaft.
I shall fight ruthlessly!

I will fight through the storms of the desert,
I will fight against the waves of the shores,
I will fight the visible and the invisible forces,
Until I could gaze without difficulty,
The amazing colours of the rainbow.
Till then, I will keep dreaming about it;
The rainbow party.

Written by✍🏾 Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare

Maiyaki_official on(IG)

Post a Comment

0 Comments