Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: Racism By: Aminat Titilayo Bakare


 
There's a landmark between black and white they say
A vast different between night and day
So they said: wind of the North sea
Blow far away, far from the eye can see

       We want not your colour mixing with     
        Ours
That  inferior complexion in our cars
    
My head spunned as I read those last words
You can not be employed in our shops
The customers would run

      So I took my papers and built a store
      Right inside there skinny pore

What were they thinking, that I'd let?
Colour to stop my zeal and strength
I will prosper, be I Black, Red or Brown
-Meenah Bakare

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. This is amazing..say no to racism

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enter your reply... thank you for having me on this platform
    its an honour

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice poem. No we refuse to let racism win

    ReplyDelete