Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry:Impression of an orphan By: Lateef Olalekan Olaniyi




Away from home was me jingling on the swing.
Trying to be happy "while i sing."
Then i was lost in thought for moments after which i fell off the swing.
The only way i could help myself was to spring.


A memorable moment was during breast feeding.
What an amusing and gratifying moment of experience.
Not even a minute of fatherly love during my process of breeding.
This aches deep in my heart causing a lot of inner bleeding.


My colleagues never stopped taunting.
My foes never ceased ranting.
Always being treated like a missing puppy.
Even asleep, fast-fast my heart keeps beating.


Looks like "an orphan has no dream."
All dirts on me like the bank of "Ikpaye stream"
Where "kese" the conk mad man shits.
Where "Tsuru" the old lady spits.


My existence in life has impact on no-one.
 My self cherished ideas seem stupid to everyone.
Always being rejected like a tattered garment.
Fate has plunged me into absolute turmoil and torment.


I wish the society could know I've got big dreams;
Eye-catching ones like diamond that gleams.
I wish to free from thou deems;
like a dove soaring over streams.


I wish to be the brightest star of every occasion.
I wish to be the leading light in every ramification.
I wish to stop being a victim of depression.
This has been an "orphan" impression.

 ```Fiction``` 


*Written by Lateef Olalekan Olaniyi*  *(Leo Zhimple)*
Phone: 08062504718

Post a Comment

0 Comments