Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: The Journey So Far By: Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare


On my very  first day in class,
I walked in silently with low class,
Feeling intimidated by people,
Whose pen alone were mighty enough.

Although I was in my best attire,
Yet, I was feeling intimidated.
It was then I knew greatness is not by what you wear,
But largely by what you bear.
I was peered with men! very hefty!
I looked my left, so scary!

The chairs and the boards, so giant!
Tables shaking, little me sitting.
But men could hold their grounds, 
Even and when only all I could do was shiver.

It wasn't long before I realized,
That this was another world.
Although, it was in a bid to better my today,
And build a tomorrow where I will have a say,
That I left my comfort. Miles away!

Now, just like magic,
Nights have passed,
When I had no firewood.
Days have long gone,
When the weather couldn't beat the storm.
But all I could do was to endure.

And sometimes, I would cry with no shoulders to rest on.
While sometimes, I got helpers.
I have seen humans like angels,
Those who loved and cared about me.
We put aside our differences, became friends.

Even though I was bullied,
By some devils above the earth.
Wrecking havoc everywhere,
Telling lies against my person.
I still refused to bow.

I did have ups and downs.
I have lost some and won some.
I have been peddled with light objects,
By agents of the dark forces,
Those who prayed for my downfall.

Yet, I was honored by golden plaques.
By the mindful minds,
By the Noble kinds,
By the good spirited,
And the kind hearted. 
I am a Winner!
I came, I saw, and I conquered.

Written by✍🏾 Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare

Maiyaki_official on (IG)

Post a Comment

0 Comments