Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

POETRY: SO LONG By: Fareedah Abdulkareem


Flowers,I've brought to your enclosed room,
The memories we created seems like a faded dream,
Flowers, I've always brought to you on your death bed,
The times we shared appears to me like it ne'er existed,

I saw us splitting and breaking apart but I never gave up,
You knew we should be fighting a war but you never held up,

I threw caution into the wind so I could make up,
So I could make up for the war we were loosing,
Instead,you ended the war and failed to live up,
To live up to see us winning,

It is an unimaginable reality that you left without a "Goodbye"
It is an unbelievable actuality that you departed without a "farewell"

It chokes that I can't remember how your smile looks,
It hurts that I can't recollect how your laughter sounds,
For it is SO LONG since you left this vain world.

Dedicated to those who couldn't conquer the battle of death.

Oluwashikemi✍🏽

Post a Comment

3 Comments