Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

POETRY: My fears By: Faridah Abd'Kareem




I am not scared of death or the pains surrounding death,
I am not scared that you would move on after my death,
I am terrified that you would live like I ne'er existed.
I am afraid that I ne'er added value to your life,while I was breathing,
I am scared that our memories would fade away like the smoke from a cigarette,
I am worried that you would find it hard to mention my name without feeling uneasy or reluctant,
I am afraid you wouldn't remember what I look like or the last conversations we had,
I feel the arrows of undescribable fear penetrating my heart,
when I imagine you avoiding my relatives for the fear of reminding them that they lost a child to death's ugly hands.

Oluwashikemi✍🏽

Post a Comment

1 Comments