Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Short Story: How A Doctor Paralyzed My Motion By: Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare




(A true life story)
Life they say, is like a talking drum. When it speaks tranquility to you, never generalize. Because on the other side, the sounds might be terrific. I have seen through the smoke of flame and the wind of time.
   The rod of life had struck me half naked before it broke. Still, I picked up the remains to serve as firewood. So that come what may, even in the deadliest of the storms, I could acclimate.
   I am a native of Kwara state, in a town known as Shao. But as destiny will have it, my birth was a blessing to the great city of Ibadan, where I also grew up.
As a young boy, I was very charming and adorable, full of life. Just like every other kid out there. But at age twelve (12), an incident happened. This incident changed my life!
    The young boy was struck by a terrible sickness which in his innocent mind, never knew would haunt him forever. As expected, his parents sought some medical advice. Then, the poor boy was taken to the hospital for professional help. Alas! What he got instead, an everlasting blow.
    On that faithful day when his parents took their last child of the house to the hospital for treatment, they hoped that God would perform wonders through the doctors. And eventually, He did. Just that nobody expected the dimension. Unfortunately, there was a professional error. The doctor in charge gave me the wrong dosage of injection which paralyzed my motion till date.
   And in a bid to salvage the situation, my parents exhausted all efforts. But all to no avail. That was how my destiny took a turn. It was a terrible moment for my family and I. In particular, the darkest period of my life.
    Although that incident was successful in paralyzing my motion but not my courage. I have learned to be a fighter that not even my physical condition can be a factor. I took the bull by its horn ever since. 
   Just as my elementary, I equally became a force to reckon with during my secondary days.
   People always expect my physical challenge to deter me. But I have lost count of the surprises that I pulled. Even as life wouldn't let me enjoy my hard earned joy, when I was denied admission into a University since 2011 until 2015, despite my remarkable performances in the examinations. I still forged ahead anyway before the University of Ilorin made my academic dreams possible. That was after I completed my programme in public administration at the Kwara state polytechnic.
   Today, despite all the challenges, I am a graduate. I can boast of a diploma in Public Administrations and a Bachelors degree of History and International Studies. 
   Yet, I  am not ready to rest on my oars, I do hope to accomplish greater things in life. Then serve as a source of motivation to other 'life-soldiers' that it is not over until it is over. Till I have my last breath, I will give life my all.
I am Jimoh Isiaq Ishola. (A.K.A General).

Note: This is a true life story of a friend. Written and edited by myself, Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare on this date:19/09/19

@Maiyaki_official (IG)



Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Credibility is not to be campaigned for, it does so itself in any work that incorporates it. So is the campaign here. Kudos to the brain behind the work!!!

    @tonyoelumelu
    @toyinsaraki

    ReplyDelete