Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: NIGHT By: Abd'Fatah Olayinka Abd'Samad



The golden sorcerer retreating to the west, 
Unmourned and unblest,
The twinkling stars does shimmers
The roaring crowd has retired to rest 
As all chirping birds retired to their nests
Even the cheering cloud turn bitter
The moon above, it blisters... 
Like a blooming flower, it glitters 
Even the time is right,  and I shall seek for what is mine. 

Arrive! O thoughtless beast 
With its cradles floating around the breeze 
Here comes a crazy lover 
Caressing all senses, seducing all thoughts to bow to its wishes 
O evening hunter, lure my soul to sleep. 

But Every time I lie in bed, 
And every time I close my eyes... 
A million dreams is keeping me awake, 
A million scenes fading my sleep away, 
And every dream with a name
And every scene with a face 
A million thoughts veils my mind away
A million hope with shields of faith
...all nestles around a night, 
A million dreams resides in the night!

©D'MARZ

Post a Comment

0 Comments