Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: Helpless By: John Opeyemi.I.

I feel them with joy. 
I feel them with love.
I feel them with happiness.
I feel them with greatness.
I tried helping them get to where they longed for.
I left my own family to save theirs.
I abandoned all my problems for the sake of theirs.
I showed everyone single of them love in fullness.
But all they paid me back with was hatred.
They filled my steaming plates with despair instead of milk and honey.
They spat on my very good face which I coloured in an ornate rage.
I now became the oppressed son of the oppressed.
An helpless fellow with bruises all over the faces.
I saved everyone from their problems.
But who do I call to save me from my own problems?
My life became miserable while theirs was better.
It was as if I had been  created to ensure their  survival.
While they survive to torment me.

- Johnmiles.

Post a Comment

0 Comments