Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

EDUCATION: THE VENOM OF PRIDE By: Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare


   In the spirit of a thoughtful expediency, I came to the realization of an intellectual snowballing. I became so conscious of the 'witty' realm that, I could feel the weight of my head on my neck. Very heavy and depressing! It was as if the candle of wisdom  somewhere in my medulla, was getting blown and was ejaculating a strong wax, which was then wriggling its way to my subconsciousness until it was full to its brim. 
Thence, It was an option and solely at that, heeding the innate call to action. 
   Even expectedly or more, I reminisced the feeling about my poetic status.
   Then, as If the pen itself was tired of its redundance, It captured the sympathy of my longing eyes, and they were really smart in beaconing my memory of the nostalgia. Whilst, It was not slightly difficult to expeditely harness the required literary ingredients for a 'genuine and genius' expression.
   To be candid and succinct, my muse came from a rare source. And I had the resolve to write about pride. Firstly, I thought of ego and proudness, whereafter, I quickly discerned their synonymity - The two fabrics were tailored with the needle and thread of self consciousness, in the name of self-respect.
   However, an absence of self-respect is tantamount to the conspicuous evidence of 'gross' irresponsibility, while a colossal presence of self-worth equals pride. In other words, pride is an overzealous sense of personal importance.
   In clearer terms, too much pride breeds Envy, Discontentment, Bitterness, Irateness. Crisis, and other sorts of unrest. Because too much pride displaces selfless service and prioritizes on selfish interest. 
   The venom of pride is not just a poison. The adverse atrocities It can cause is beyond human Imagination. Indeed, the venom of pride is a weapon of mass destruction.
   When there is too much emphasis on self recognition than collective achievements, It is always as a result of pride. It invites acrimony and sends love to the bush. It incites division and kick unity far away. It instigates violence and bury peace unceremoniously.
   When an Individual has been overwhelmed by the venom of pride, he will not only hurt himself but even those around him. He will see nothing good in others. He will praise himself but speak ill of others. He wont celebrate his small wins. He will always want to dominate. He will be over ambitious, desperate and frustrated. And instead of building a nation of friends who can help him actualize his dream, he will unconsciously build an empire of foes who will whittle down his influence until the earth could swallow him.
And such a soul will be remembered as, a villain.
What a coward!

Written by Maiyaki Abubakar Damilare

Post a Comment

0 Comments