Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

POETRY: BEYOND THE BROKENđź’” PIECES By: Gbadamosi Toheeb Adekunle

I began this trip with much expectations
Thinking it would be my final destination
Like I dreamt, thought, & pray it would be worth a celebration
For a long time, I believed I wouldn't embark on another migration

This thing they called "LOVE", I was told it means everything
'You feel fulfilled, even if you don't have a thing'
Now am at a crossroad, and my heart is about to rip out
Every step on the road, I fear am gonna pass out

For the one I called "SPECIAL", I had hoped for more
All I had gotten instead, is a heart that sores
The memory of the loving moments continued to hunt me
But the more I remember, my hearts never seize to ache me

When all I craved is the warmth of your heart 
Now, a gaze upon you is a sore for the sight
Can I even say my heart is broken into pieces?
Even if there's nothing to pick up, not even a single piece

If only I knew I would be trapped in the web of love
And yet I would be denied the joy that I sought
Maybe I wouldn't have embarked on this tortuous journey
Maybe I wouldn't have dreamt of the mirage I called *Honey*


©Gbadamosi Toheeb Adekunle
đź“ť *Badmus* _(The Intrinsic Wordsmith)_
Contact: +2348093337875

Post a Comment

0 Comments