Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: THE OVERWHELMING LOVE OF A SISTER! By N.D. Semako




🛑Momma was pregnant;
God said
What else do you want?
Isn't all you needed you already have?


You never gave me a little babysis of mine,
A beautiful fair sister to take after my mother,
The one to look after for,
Who would always hug me tight when I miss a night at home,
Who I would always unleash the pieces I hide from the world to,
Beyond the facade I put on,
Who would see me pass by and shout,
THAT IS MY BROTHER!!


🛑In a twinkle of an eye
Days turned into weeks
Weeks turned into months
And they all passed away

              
What name could befit this treasure? Pops asked;
With excitement, I shouted
ABI-GAEL!
 Literally meaning we gave birth to a babygirl
Unjustifiably, they all accepted
Like I had padlocked their minds to a cedar point
And the bosom of my heart was filled with joy just as the water covers the sea.


             

🛑The winds never stop whistling,
The trees dancing and rejoicing like it was about to rain,
The clouds was so bright,
I could hear the shattering voice of the river calling out my name,
Something good must've happened, I thought;

The car horned thundering along its path,
It was Momma!!
She came down with a crystal diamond glowing in a wrapped cloth,
It was a babygirl, ABI-GAEL!
She was as fair and pure as the sunlight,
Unblemished like the skies,
Momma's morenikeji,
SENAMI - "The one God gave to me!" in Pops native language.

Now I have a blood of my own in a female form,
Someone to call a babysis,
Someone to look after for,
This is a dream come true!


🛑Things became yesterday,
This is a blood of my own I dare not refuse,
There was nobody else like her,
An adorable angel,
Who flourished like the barley in the warm weather,
Whose sweetened voice makes the heart of a king rejoices,
Whom beauty enchant as she grew in a turquoise glory,
With a smile that brightens up the sun in the day,

She had the best brain she took after her father,
Who never attained below 95% for once,
With an amazon of happiness flowing through her veins,
A sister to be proud of,

She had everything all,
Been to places I've never set my foot for once,
In everything she had the best of the best,
But something kept missing,
Long life.

 ðŸ›‘The love for her overwhelmed pops and I,
But I was as cautious as a snake,
Momma had a natural affection not to much and not too small,
All in the name of not making her a spoilt brat

They say when the honey becomes bitter, it's the devil's handwork,
Devil, the black man came,
Threw us our package from the outside,
And a serious battle line was drawn,
Who could say it was about life and death,
It started slowly and steadily

I thought things would go back to the way it used,
I was only fooling around,
If I had known I would've showed her the love,
Told her about the empire Mom and I dreamt of,
Probably would've given her more than she could've imagined
Brought her up as a small god,
But all ended up in vanity!




🛑Now I have a fickle and bitter heart
A wandering eyes and a heavy head
I had no idea of the state we were in
Until i found out in injury minutes

I said
You turned my sorrow into treasured gold
If I had known it wouldn't last probably wouldn't have asked
See a beautiful home filled with honey drying up and getting bitter
An amazon of bitterness around her shores
Concealing the mysteries of our world beyond
Take me as a ransom instead
Because she is as innocent as a cloistered nun




🛑Always wanted to be drunk when I wake up,
On the right side of the wrong bed,
Watching you play with the remaining kids,
Riding on me like the waves,

But the truth I hate most was that you never stood up from that bed,
Those wishes never came to pass,
I was as useless as dust,
But rather drop tears that couldn't take away your pains,
A big shame to money that couldn't revive your soul,

I said
Truly I had wished for a babysis which you gave me one,
To be a brother and a hero which a sister could call upon,
But I never wanted her in this state,
Take away her pains and put them in me,
For I am matured enough to set my sail and drift away.



🛑Couple of months passed,
It was just another night,
I saw the shooting star,
It illuminates all of my doubts,
It was just a second chance,
But who knew?

The river of happiness flowed in once again,
Storming the desert palace to flourish,
She had herself back on her feet,
Singing promises of hope,
Gliding joyfully above her sorrow,

You were the song my heart was beating to,
I could hear your heartbeat,
Watching you sleep as the light lead us into the night,
Until things changed spontaneously.




🛑If I'd known it was just a second chance,
I would've treasured our last moment,
Made it a golden and a memorable one,
Showed you more love like I was meant to have done,

I was like an empty barrel,
I never stopped dropping tears,
She had her stomach swelled up like a woman who is 9 months pregnant,
The pains was more than a woman in labour,

I said
You refused to take me as a ransom,
You gave me our last moment together joyfully,
But you never told me it would be the last time I would see her smiling,
The pains are just too much this time,
Please, if it's your will,
Set her sail and make her drift away,
For I would surely understand,
It's better you make her rest than rather watch her groans in pain.




🛑The wild bells ringing out,
For the day is dying at night,
For those that here we see no more,
And to watch the skies be filled with fire and smoke.

The day screaming out loud on a frosty Sunday,
The flying clouds and the burning mountains,
Made no time to strengthen our faiths,
Not to think of that day Daily text saying "even if she dies, she would live!"
But she had her faith strengthened by God,
Never stopped praying constantly.

When was the last time you thought of me?
Have you completely erased me from your memories?
Please, remember me for once for you've not called me for days, I thought;
Unknowingly, momma asked,
Who is this?
Raising her head up, she said,
Is this not my "MY BROTHER?"
I flooded the whole house bitterly with tears.



🛑I should've died a long time ago, she said;
What could I have done than dropping tears?
With all my might, I would do anything not to make you die, I said;
Making her an empty promise,
This is the worst pain I've ever had!

Did you have your death announced?
Many witnessed it,
You asked us never to cry,
You strengthened our faith,
Until that very last breathe,
I was there holding your two legs as you called on father,
Prepared as we watch desolation come upon the skies.
                                 
Wake up! wake up!! Wake up!!! I cried;
You have my heart in your hands,
Don't leave me breathless!

Wild bells ringing out,
Ring out the grief that saps the mind,
Ring out happy bells across the house,
And bring back what we just lost,
A rare gem!     



🛑The house gets cold when you stopped breathing
Without you to hold, I'll be freezing
The scars of your death leaves me breathless
We could've had it all!

I desperately miss the feelings of having a sister
Burns don't heal any longer
To feel a little love again from a sister
I had to find another babysis for myself
Even though you're irreplaceable
But to love and cherish deeply again
And act up to its responsibilities
With just the sake of been called  
"A BROTHER!"




🛑I was weak, not to be weak again,
But rather be strong;
I fell, not to fall again,
But rather rise up;
I requested for you and you left, not to stop asking,
But rather request for another,
Because the master today has failed more than the beginner has tried.

Give me a babygal of my own, ABI-GAEL!
For that name is meant to be in existence,
To look after me when I'm old,
To see me pass by and proudly say,
"THAT IS MY FATHER!"

I run my everlasting race,
Not to live again for myself,
But to hear you shout "THAT IS MY BROTHER!"
For the overwhelming love of a sister will keep burning in my heart,
Thinking of you in the depth of my despair.

The End..


♒THE OVERWHELMING LOVE OF A SISTER!

♉Do you have a brother or a sister you look as trash while those out there look like an angel?
♉Do you have a brother or a sister you really love and care about but you choose to hide it from them probably you think they might take advantage of it?

✔️It's imperative to love your brothers or sisters because its a one time opportunity now, show them how much you really care because you might not have that opportunity when they're gone!

✔️Write up the good things about them, let them see. Don't commend me when I'm gone cause I wouldn't be able to see it; Tell me my wrongdoings because I can only make amendments now!

💢You never could imagine what blessings they are to you! Love them all💯

__N.D Semako







                                                                           







                                                       







Post a Comment

0 Comments