Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

Poetry: Home Town By: Sanni Mubarak


There where beauty and flourishes abound 
Where aspirations and hopes mingle 

There where lodged childhood memory 
My little Elysium in view 

There where rest comely macadam and 
Heartwarming sights 
Now marked in yellowness and misery 
A sign of failed promises 
A gigantic failing 

Nothing of there to show off again 
Except for dirtiness that punches 
One in the face. A grotesque whose whip is sturdy 

I see windows of laughter ajar 
On this dungeon of tears 
I see disarray, a growing mishap. All contained 
In this pandemonium 

Here is an avalanche of feelings 
Nostalgia, fear, guilt 
A land of resurgent illiteracy 
Yet have educated folks... A land of a minister 

Here where dignity is crashed 
By the bulldozer of power 
I see a rat race that prevails 
It started, even before I possess any amorous sentiment 
With this place. 

We have come home now 
Here is where the sudden roughness 
Lingers on the roads. 

I weep sincerely 
Deep anguish for this colossal loss

Post a Comment

0 Comments