Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

POETRY: Guide Me Through By: GBADAMOSI TOHEEB ADEKUNLE




Sometimes, I can’t see where am supposed to go
Sometimes, I speed up when I need to take it slow
Sometimes, I tread like a drunkard, ignoring the path to toe
Sometimes, I dim the light, when I should make it glow

Often, am convinced that I can make it through
When in fact I have fallen too far from you
Yet to me, the perfect thing is all I ever do
Even when I know you possess the perfect clue

When it feels like am short of what to try
When it seems my blood might have gone dry
When it feels like my wings wouldn’t fly
I can still see you illuminate my sky

When the odds are against me, you stand by my side
In the middle of the storm, that I’d fear I could die
Thinking it’s the day am to pay for my crimes
But without you as the key, there’s no way I could thrive

Even when am loosing the battle
You send your help in multiple
Even when am beginning to fumble
Your mercy never seize to double


Indeed! For who you are, you will always put on your light
Verily! For who you are, you will always turn up for my fight
And that my fading light, you continue to make bright
What powers me up, is indeed your might 

Ain’t nobody knows me like you do
Ain’t nobody perfect to show me what is good
And for me not to end up like a fool
Dear God, never seize to guide me through

Post a Comment

0 Comments