Welcome to Nigeria's No.1 Article Reading Platform.

Header Ads

POETRY: Common Sense [Day 12} By: Hamzat Rasheed



 I remember then when mum will help me pack books into my schoolbag
You can imagine how small I was holding pen with my little hand
On one day, the teacher said we should write composition on "Myself", so I brought my book from my little bag
I remember some of my friends describing their complexion as either chocolate or brown
Though now I'm matured but I still have qualms with people's complexion, don't call me a nag
Nowadays, I see yellowish black, orange red, reddish-brown, whitish-black, brownish-white; I'm confused so many colours in zigzag

Islam preaches modesty, if you practice it you can't lag
Some people feel better and great in porous rags
What they do best is padding shoulders and waist with airbag
Trousers down, they say they want to sag
Tightly fitted porous robes they wear and call it swag
Why are you displaying what has saturated the market? repent do not brag

Islam has modesty as its hashtag
Put on befitting wears that would make you hold high Islam's flag
For the guys, if the garment go beyond the ankle it is bad
For the ladies, cover your curves, cover clothes are not meant for the handbag
So that you pull it out when you want to pray but you it’s bad
A Muslim/Muslimah is always bashful don't brag
                    RashidAbuAshraf

Post a Comment

1 Comments